I started keeping better track of what I’m reading… A lot more content this week.
- Baseball Prospectus “Towers of Power Fantasy Hour” with Jason Collette and Paul Sporer had their first base preview episode. One main point they reiterated several times is that staying healthy and being in the lineup every day is a skill. Keep this in mind when you’re looking over projections. Players like Prince Fielder and Billy Butler who play 155+ games year-in and year-out are locked in production.
- CBSSports.com released a 2013 fantasy outlook for each MLB team. Each outlook includes a summary of offseason transactions, the projected starting lineup/batting order, projected rotation, a player to beware of, a breakout candidate, and some prospects to be aware of. There is A LOT to read here.
- Keith Law released an updated Top 100 prospects list (requires ESPN Insider). For reference, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Matt Moore, and Manny Machado were the top four last year. Those guys helped some fantasy teams last year. You need to be familiar with the top names on this year’s list.
Baseball, But Not Fantasy Baseball Related
- Thought this BeyondtheBoxScore article on Joe Maddon and managerial moves was very interesting.
Geeky and Fantasy Baseball Related
- I’m overwhelmed by but very interested in this series “Saberizing a Mac“, which takes you from ground zero to creating a database, obtaining data, and running baseball database queries from your mac.