I’ve developed a much more refined tool to help calculate the number of rotisserie points it will take to win your league, as well as the statistics necessary in each category to achieve a certain place.
You can download the file here: What It Takes To Win Calculator.xlsx
You must have Microsoft Excel 2007 or greater to use the calculator. To use the calculator:
- After downloading the file, fill out the information requested on the “Answer These Questions First” tab (genius naming convention, I know).
- The questions can be answered using the drop down menus provided.
- Then proceed to complete all of the yellow hitter and pitcher stat tabs.
- Follow the bold red instructions on each tab. Also be on the look out for warnings for areas saying “DO NOT ENTER DATA BELOW”. These are just warnings to ensure formulas work correctly and to prevent you from entering unnecessary data.
- After you’ve completed all the data entry into the yellow tabs, return to the “Results” tab to see the stats necessary to win your league.
- The end result should be printer friendly, if you’d like to print it out for future reference. Click on the image below for a larger view of the finished results.
The tool can accommodate the following:
- Up to 15 teams
- Up to 10 years of historical standings and statistics data
- Up to 6×6 rotisserie categories (6 hitting, 6 pitching)
- Hitting categories of BA, R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, H, BB
- Pitching categories of W, K, SV, ERA, WHIP, QS
Suggestions or Ideas for Improvement?
Please shoot me a comment and let me know what you think. Let me know if you’d like to see any additional features or categories added.
As always, make smart choices.